What did 2017 bring you and what will 2018 have in store? With a new year underway it’s a great time to reflect on last year and focus on the excitement of what’s in store for the coming months.
In case you’ve already forgotten, 2017 ‘graced’ us all with (in no particular order)
- Everything rose gold, including paper clips and desk items, phones, clothes and even kitchen equipment (KitchenAid bling). Apparently it’s called ‘millennial pink’ – who knew
- Increased terror attacks in the UK and around the world – no words can describe the shock, horror and anger we all felt and experienced. Out of the terror, we witnessed the growth of true heart-felt support and love. Long may this continue to grow.
- The Great British Bake Off moving to Channel 4 and the loss of Mel and Sue and Mary Berry – the media predicted a disaster but I loved it.
- More man buns and ‘Victorian gentleman’ beards. I have nothing more to say.
- All things unicorn, including clothing, accessories, those all-important memes, and you’re your daily Starbucks coffee and a variety of food.
- Square, thick eyebrows and face contouring – for those who maybe want to look like a Kardashian. It’s a no from me.
- Donald Trump the ‘Chaos President’
- That General election and those continued Brexit talks – they just keep going on and on and on.
- Fidget spinners – did that little gadget calm you down and keep you from being distracted? Were you born to spin?
- Game of Thrones and Stranger Things – if you haven’t binge watched the box sets on Netflix what’s your excuse.
2017 was an interesting up and down roller coaster for me.
Busy creating my new career coaching offering combined with plenty of travel, sun, soul music and good friends. Then the crashing news towards the end of the year that my lovely mum was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Thanks to the wonderful NHS and their staff, she’s now on the road to recovery. This was a real ‘wake-up’ call for me. Now more than ever I’ve decided to live in the moment, to participate in life instead of just watching it pass by.
Now is the time to burn that Jo Malone candle that I was ‘saving as special’ (I just realised I’ve had it 2 years – WTF.)
It’s time to wear that expensive perfume every day, not just when I’m going out.
It’s time to use that expensive make-up I bought a while ago (if you’re interested it’s The Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting – Kevyn Aucoin, it’s FAB and I’ve had loads of comments on how well I look.)
Find out what makes you happy and allows you to live in the moment.
It might be a new experience, it might be using ‘your special mug’ everyday, it might be enjoying fine wine, a great meal or spending more time with friends or family.
On the other hand, you might want to experience more time to reflect, more quite time alone, more time outside and enjoying nature or maybe taking up a new creative or energetic hobby interests you.
❤Just do it!❤
I don’t know about you but I’ve found those new year resolutions of, go to the gym more/get more exercise; eat healthier to feel better; stop eating chocolate/cheese; loose weight; drink more water don’t work for me. Instead I’m off to find the matches, enjoy my candle and live in the moment. What about you?
If you’re looking for career advice and support come on over and like/follow me on all the usual social media (click on the links below) I’d love to see you there.